Error when adding workflow XAMLX files to Visual Studio proj

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 16:26

Error when adding workflow XAMLX files to Visual Studio project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2014 00:00

After downloading the Sitefinity Resources zip for workflow files from GitHub here:

github.com/.../master.zip

I get an error when trying to add the workflow files to my project:

"Activity could not be loaded because of errors in the XAML"

I am running Sitefinity 6.1. I am not sure if I should be downloading the workflow files from somewhere else or is there a problem with my project?

Attached is a screenshot of the error in Visual Studio.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tom,

A possible reason for this error might be if you have modified the Activity file after adding it to the Workflow file. Please note that the XAML is not automatically updated when the activity is changed and this results in invalid XAML code. Please take a look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10553229/activity-could-not-be-loaded-because-of-errors-in-the-xaml.

In addition, you can download the default workflow files for Sitefinity 6.1 from your SDK installation folder/Content/Resources

You can find more details on how you can extend the built-in workflow process in the following documentation article. You may also check out the following video demonstrations:

1. Sitefinity Custom Workflows - Part 1
  2. Sitefinity Custom Workflows - Part 2

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed