Sitefinity 6.3, delete approval tracking records

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 12:55

Sitefinity 6.3, delete approval tracking records

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2015 00:00

I have a sitefinity 6.3 db with eCom. The eCom is populated with products from a backend db. The problem showed when the import function got a hick-up and looped same products over and over again.
What's happend is that the table sf_pprvl_trckng_rcrd_sf_pprvl_ now got over 80 millions rows and take up over 8 gb of data.
The db consists of about 60k products, and since it's a master/live versions I guess it grows rater quickly. Another thing is that the product changes quite alot because of an internal item structure.
What I now need to do is to disable the approval log for products (if possible) and clear the sf_pprvl_trckng_rcrd_sf_pprvl_ table. Also table sf_pprvl_trckng_rcrd_mp_sf_ppr seems to be involved. IS there any way to do this?

Found that the reason is that product.ApprovalTrackingRecordMap.ApprovalRecordshave ALOT of versions.

I also see that I can get the current by calling product.GetCurrentApprovalTrackingRecord

Is it safe to just delete all records but the current?Just remove them and call save or do I need to do this another way?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2015 00:00

Hi Jan,

This forum thread seems to be a duplicate of the following one: 

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/approval-db-table-grows-out-of-control

I have just posted a reply in the above thread. I would kindly ask you to keep the communication in one thread only in order the communication to be more straightforward and structured. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed