ProfileController error when creating templates after Instal

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:39

ProfileController error when creating templates after Installing Feather.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2014 00:00

Question to Project Feather adopters.  I followed the installation procedure without any issues but when I try to create a new page template I get the following error.
SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Controllers.ProfileController
Anyone else experience this?
[ArgumentException: Type "SitefinityWebApp.Mvc.Controllers.ProfileController" cannot be resolved.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello Brett,

Could you please provide us with exact steps to reproduce the error. 

Note that when you create a Page template based on Feather build-in templates you have to create it in MVC only mode (screenshot).

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2014 00:00

I reinstalled project feather a few days later and everything was working normally again.  My problem wasn't creating new templates.  I couldn't even view normal templates that I had already created.  When I first installed project feather I installed the core project and the regular project. This time around, I did not install the core project and everything was fine.

This thread is closed