Inline editing for MVC ContentBlock widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 14:36

Inline editing for MVC ContentBlock widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2014 00:00

I read that inline editing was supposed to be enabled for the included MVC widgets but I have not been able to get to work with the ContentBlock, is there something that needs to be configured for this feature to work?

Did you install 7.2 and have the latest Feather package?

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-7-2-released

Yep, just created a new test site this morning with 7.2 and the current Feather packages from Nuget.

The article at that link says that "The widgets in Feather-widgets repository support the Inline Editing feature by default. ", but yes I did make sure that the Foundation version of the widget had the correct inline editing code.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

Hello,

The inline editing is working with the default Feather content block. Please, review this video (screencast.com/.../XH3otKuTMi) showing the functionality. Could you please elaborate on the issue you are experiencing?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2014 00:00

I took another look and it looks like where I'm stuck is not with the MVC content block but instead it's something with the Foundation package and/or the included Foundation.default template.  I changed my test page to use one of the basic templates and everything works as expected.  Does the inline editing work with the Foundation package?  I made a simple test page using the Foundation.default template and when open the page I am not getting the option to enter edit mode (no pencil icon)?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Oct-2014 00:00

Hi Stephen,

Please, check if in the base layout view (Layouts/default.cshtml) you have the inline editing manager helper:

@Html.InlineEditingManager()
Please, include it if it is not present. Furthermore, there was an issue with the browse and edit module, which was fixed in the latest internal build. You can view the release notes here. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed