Theme Question

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:47

Theme Question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2015 00:00

Whats the procedure for creating a new Layout\Theme such that grabbing the lastest feather NuGet doesn't blow all the work away and overwrite the templates

Also how do we remove Foundation\Semantec as templates in the backend, Delete brings them back, is it enumerating the packages?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Steve,

The best way is to create your own package, which won't be overwritten during upgrade. You can find some general information here: github.com/.../Frameworks-integration

Mariush

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Apr-2015 00:00

What about the answer to his second question?

Hi,

Layout files from all packages under ResourcePackages are registered as templates by watching the file system. So you need to delete both from the file system and backend.

I hope this helps.

Mariush

It would be GREAT if there was a way to stop this from happening.  Like I feel it's a futile make work project.  I update feather, the packages always get redownloaded and readded to the page templates.  I wish I could perma delete or at least disable them from showing up.

Yep, this has already been identified - not everyone needs all packages. In the near future we will provide a way to download packages separately.

I really appreciate your prompt response!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jan-2016 00:00

Any update on this? I still get a lot of templates coming back everytime I have to rebuild the project.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2016 00:00

This stuff seems to change in every version without much fanfare (or doc).

The latest only has bootstrap and it appears the Foundation and Semantec packages are now separate (Nuget) packages.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2016 00:00

The best way to track the changes introduced in Feather is to follow the detailed release notes on GitHub. The removal of Semantic and Foundation was done in Feather 1.4.410.0

I have also announced the change in a topic in the Google+ Developer community, will keep in mind to do this also in this forum.

Please share your comments and let me know whether the way we have removed Foundation and Semantic creates any troubles for you.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2016 00:00

I'm trying to see if someone can delete or edit a post if they are the author of that post or comment.

This thread is closed