Problem with DesignerView.---.json

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:53

Problem with DesignerView.---.json

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2015 00:00

I created an mvc custom widget with a DesignerView (DesignerView.Default.cshtml).

I want to display my designer view by default so I add a DesignerView.Default.json (find the code below) and when i try to edit my widget an error popup is diplay ("There is a problem with loading the widget designer: [object Object]") and when I go to the console I can see the error message throw by the Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Designer/Master/CbbIntroductionParagraph: "Invalid JSON primitive: ." (find the stack trace below).

I also need to add a "Kendo UI Editor" to edit the Content property of my widget I try to use "sf-html-field" but without success because I have the same problem with the json file for the include of the javascript dependence.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Controller: 
[ControllerToolboxItem(Name = "IntroductionParagraph", Title = "Cbb_Introduction_Paragraph", SectionName = "Hub Content Building Bloks")]
public class CbbIntroductionParagraphController : Controller

public string Title get; set;
     public string Content get; set;
     public ActionResult Index()

ViewBag.Title = Title;
          ViewBag.Content = Content;
          return View("Default");

DesignerView.Default.json: 

"priority": 1

StackTrace: 
[ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .]
System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject() +763258
System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth) +360
System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer) +115
System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(String input) +94
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Models.DesignerModel.GetViewConfig(String view, IEnumerable1 viewLocations) +257 Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Models.<>c__DisplayClassd.<.ctor>b__0(String v) +43 System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() +275
System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() +276 System.Linq.Enumerable.Single(IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) +344 Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Models.<>c__DisplayClass10.<.ctor>b__2(String v) +214 System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext() +156
System.Linq.Buffer1..ctor(IEnumerable1 source) +488
System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable1 source) +103 Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Models.DesignerModel..ctor(IEnumerable1 views, IEnumerable1 viewLocations, String widgetName, Guid controlId, String preselectedView) +616 DynamicInjector2bbe944c1dc9417ba4e56ae93890e130(Object[] ) +341 Ninject.Activation.Context.ResolveInternal(Object scope) +138 Ninject.Activation.Context.Resolve() +278 System.Linq.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext() +248
System.Linq.d__b11.MoveNext() +296 System.Linq.Enumerable.Single(IEnumerable1 source) +282
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Infrastructure.Controllers.ControllerModelFactory.GetModel(Type controllerType, IDictionary2 constructorParameters) +542 Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Controllers.DesignerController.Master(String widgetName) +911 lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +130 System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) +258
System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass42.b__41() +34
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass39.b__33() +124
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4f.b__49() +787211
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass37.b__36(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2a.b__20() +33
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass25.b__22(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +787692
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1d.b__18(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +28
System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(IAsyncResult ar) +15
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +65
System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.b__3(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +51
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +606
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello David,

You can check the example provided in that article: - Create a MVC List widget which using the Feather module.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2017 00:00

I am getting the same error and under fail, i see: 

fail:function ()
arguments:null
caller:null
length:0
name:"add"

Any suggestion?

This thread is closed