Feather Widget Designer - Hide Advanced View

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 18:54

Feather Widget Designer - Hide Advanced View

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2015 00:00

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to hide the advanced view of a widget designer when using Feather. I've found instructions for Web Form designers here but cannot find anything with Feather.

Thanks,

Zack

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2015 00:00

Well everything runs in the context of your site, like your CSS should be able to modify things...however I had a peek and that button doesn't have any custom class to target it, it's not even the last-child.

I'm gonna submit as an issue

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2015 00:00

Hi,

You can take a look at the designer implementation here:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Controllers.DesignerController.cs
https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather/blob/0497e84bddda114c4543edfe630ab8acef1d3f1a/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Controllers/DesignerController.cs
Designer scripts:
https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather/tree/32e8690192ca35cfd82d7e6011b6f70f858ea741/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/Mvc/Scripts/Designer
Note the links refer to latest version.

You can still use jQuery contains selector to find the element client side:

$(document).find("a:contains('Advanced')")

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2015 00:00

Hello Zack,

You can hide the Advanced button by defining a custom footer in your designer view: github.com/.../Overriding-the-default-widget-designer-buttons

Just tried it myself and it works like a charm. Hiding it via jQuery works as well of course, but this alternate solution might work out for you as well.

This thread is closed