Two questions: One about widgets, one about placeholders

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:34

Two questions: One about widgets, one about placeholders

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2015 00:00

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to SiteFinity and I have two questions regarding Project Feather.

1) Is there a way to add widgets directly to the layout templates? I saw another post on the forum about adding it to the Global.asax, but it wasn't clear to me how you would tell Sitefinity where in that template to place the widget. 

2) Can I limit content placeholders to that they can only be "used" in the template editor and not in the page editor?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2015 00:00

bump

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

Adding an MVC widget to the page can be done as discussed in this forum post: http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/project-feather/feather-sub-templates-layouts#-zMDgnIkIUykJJYpNipVTQ it can be executed at a different time depending on the requirement. An alternative is to create a base page based on the Bootstrap template for example. On this page template, you can add the different bootstrap layouts and place the needed widgets on them. From there you can create further templates or pages based on this one.

Regarding the second questions, I am afraid this cannot be done at this moment.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed