Feather page template + sitefinity widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 01:17

Feather page template + sitefinity widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2015 00:00

Hi guys,

I setup feather on a local build and it works great. One weird question, if I pick the bootstrap template as my base the only widgets I can add are the feather MVC ones. Any other (non-feather) template lets me add both the out-of-the-box components and the feather (mvc) ones.

This is a bit of a bummer because if I want to build my whole site using bootstrap and sitefinity I'm stuck with a limited set of widgets, having to maybe port/recompile/etc. all of the other ones as custom mvc widgets.

Is there a magical setting somewhere that I can enabled the regular sitefinity widgets on a feather bootstrap template or am I stuck with the limited widgets?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, that's possible. You need to use a page template which is in Hybrid mode.

Also, please make sure you are using the latest Feather from nuget in order to use the latest MVC widgets.

Just out of curiosity - which are the widgets you are missing in the MVC implementation in order to build your website?

Mariush

Hi Mariiush,

Sounds good, I'll look up the hybrid option to see what I need to do there (might have to make my own template as I used the default bootstrap one but I guess it's not configured that way).

As for what widgets are missing in MVC mode there are several. There's nothing in particular I'm looking for but not all of the out-of-the-box templates are there in MVC mode so I don't want to miss out on something.

If the source is available for the original widgets and you guys are looking to get the MVC widgets in parity with the stock sitefinity ones I'd be happy to send a pull request with new additions.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2015 00:00

Hi Mariush,

Now that I've looked at it for a couple of hours I can see most of the "Sitefinity" templates that are not implemented in feather are things that are generally tied to the backend like forms, forums, comments, etc. There are some backend ones that have been done (like blog posts and lists) and there are some simple ones that look like they could be easy to add (like the Google Analytics one or the Facebook like and Twitter feed and widget).

I'll see what I can do and put together some pull requests to add new ones to fill the gaps as we're looking to use just MVC templates and I would like to have more of the widgets available for my users.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2015 00:00

Hi Bill,

Yes, we are implementing the widgets one by one and catching up gradually with the full functionality. The comments are in progress and will be available shortly.

Any contributions are most welcome, so thanks in advance!

Mariush

Posted by Community Admin on 15-May-2015 00:00

Hi,

You can follow all the feather project features progress here:
http://projectfeather.sitefinity.com/#/progress

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed