Can't edit MVC Navigation Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:51

Can't edit MVC Navigation Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

I just upgraded to Sitefinity 8 from 7.3. For the upgrade I uninstall feather and then enabled it in Modules Admin after upgrading to 8. I made an "MVC only" page template and added a few widgets to it, including the MVC Navigation widget. Whenever I click the "Edit" button on the Navigation widget to change the settings, the screen flashes the little loading symbol and then just goes back to my template without showing the Edit dialog box. 

I tried with a Hybrid page and it does the same thing with the MVC Navigation widget. The Webforms Navigation widget works fine. 

Is this broken? Does the MVC Navigation widget have any edit options?  

Update: It works locally but not on the test server. 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Ross,

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the problem in an upgraded project. I would like to recommend you to open a support ticket and provide us the Error.log file.

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2017 00:00

I don't know the exact reason but the same thing happened to me going from 7.3 to 10.  In my case I have a template based off a masterpage created in visual studio.  If I don't use that and use a stock template I can edit the MVC widget.  For me that's all I needed so I'm good and didn't investigate further.  Hopefully this helps others as it seem the bug has persisted all the way to the latest version.

This thread is closed