PageSelector selected item is not persisted

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:55

PageSelector selected item is not persisted

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi,

Not sure if I'm doing this right, but for some reason my PageSelector (client component) is not persisting the selected value to the database, so it seems. When re-opening the designer, the value is cleared.

This is my code:

MVC/Views/Register/DesignerView.Default.cshtml

<div class="form-group">
    <label>Select a page</label>
    <p class="description-note"></p>
    <sf-list-selector sf-page-selector sf-selected-item="selectedPage" sf-selected-item-id="selectedPageId" />
</div>

MVC/Views/Register/DesignerView.Default.json

"priority": 1,
 "components" : ["sf-page-selector"]

MVC/Scripts/Register/DesignerView-Default.js

(function ()
    var designerModule = angular.module('designer');
    angular.module('designer').requires.push('sfSelectors');
)();

• I also added the required lines of code into the Assembly.cs
  • I added the properties 'SelectedPage' and 'SelectedPageId' to my MVC Controller

For what I understand I would not need to add an AngularJS controller. (as I was told this is created automatically when you don't create one yourself).

Is there something I forget to do?

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2015 00:00

Hi Daniel,

I experienced the same problem and changing the attributes on the sf-page-selector directive to the following resolved the persistence problem.

<sf-list-selector sf-page-selector sf-selected-item-id="properties.SelectedPageId.PropertyValue"></sf-list-selector>

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2015 00:00

binding to the property values instead definitely worked, but only for the simple guid Id type. when I try to bind to the NewsItem property SelectedItem it fails with the error:

There was an error deserializing the object of type Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.Web.Services.Model.WcfControlProperty

Documentation says the type should be string but later it says it should be object, but both fail. They suggest that you need to add serialization in a custom controller for the widget designer, but I'm not using one.

So am I correct in assuming that if I want to bind to the SelectedItem object, I am REQUIRED to use a custom controller for the designer? if not, how do I properly serialize the selected value and persist it to the widget property?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

I tested this on my side and managed to add a page selector to an MVC widget designer.

I used the following markup for the selector in my DesignerView.DefaultDesignerView.cshtml file:

<sf-list-selector sf-page-selector sf-selected-item="selectedPage" sf-selected-item-id="selectedPageId" />

In the designerview-defaultDesignerView.js file I subscribed to watch for any changes in the scope the following way:

$scope.$watch('properties.SelectedPage.PropertyValue', function (newValue, oldValue)
    if (newValue)
        $scope.selectedPage = JSON.parse(newValue);

);

$scope.$watch('selectedPage', function (newValue, oldValue)
    if (newValue)
        $scope.properties.SelectedPage.PropertyValue = JSON.stringify(newValue);

);

$scope.$watch('properties.SelectedPageId.PropertyValue', function (newValue, oldValue)
    if (newValue)
        $scope.selectedPageId = JSON.parse(newValue);

);

$scope.$watch('selectedPageId', function (newValue, oldValue)
    if (newValue)
        $scope.properties.SelectedPageId.PropertyValue = JSON.stringify(newValue);

);

Can you please try the same approach on your side and let me know about the results?

You may also find useful the below resources for more details on this matter:
http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-use-multiple-content-items-selectors
http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-use-single-content-item-selectors
http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-role-selector

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Sabrie,

When I use "properties.SelectedPage.PropertyValue" it works okay.

I'm going to try your solution also. Thanks for that.

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I also published a KB article describing in details the steps to add the page selector to the MVC widget designer. In the KB article you can also find attached a sample MVC widget where this is implemented.

Here is the link to the KB article:
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/details/how-to-add-a-page-selector-in-feather-widget's-designer-view

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2015 00:00

Yes, I was able to get this to work. Also with multiple PageSelectors, something I couldn't realize with multiple DocumentFields.

This thread is closed