ResourcePackage layout and Page Template naming

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:09

ResourcePackage layout and Page Template naming

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2015 00:00

The documentation for feather here states:

For example, Bootstrap package has the default.cstml created by default, which creates the Bootstrap.default page template in Sitefinity.

However, this doesn't appear to be the case. After installing Feather, I see three new page templates in the list, but they are all named "default" only, with no name of the package present. 

On a related note, I renamed the bootstrap layout to "test" and as expected a new layout was created, but it was also just named "test", not "Bootstrap.test" as I expected.

However, looking at the properties of the templates, it does appear that the DEVELOPER name has the appropriate naming, just not  the TITLE. Is this a bug?

Finally, I also noticed that the previous "default" template, when the backing file was deleted, reverted back to an ASPNET Webforms template (with a runat=server tag). Is this the expected behavior (I would have expected just an exception)?

If it is expected behavior, I noticed that the toolbox still only shows the MVC widgets, even though the template now appears to be a webforms version. curious what's happening here...

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2015 00:00

The developer name tells the template which resource package to load in that format <PackageName>.<cshtmlfilename>

I also find the multiple "default" templates annoying.  I have brought it up, they said the solution (on their end) is to add a new column to the grid.

I THINK though if you're in the Page Template *picker*...it properly seperates\groups them under their resource headers.

This thread is closed