Search widget renders but doesn't do anything

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:56

Search widget renders but doesn't do anything

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi All,

I'm running SF8.1.5810.0 + Feather 1.3.340 and when I place a search box widget on my page and configure it (pick an index and a results page) the box renders properly, but when I type something in and hit search, no action is ever taken. I checked the developer console in my browser and I don't see any errors either.

Any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2015 00:00

Hello Joel,

Is there anything generated in the error logs? Is the search performed and redirected to the search results page with the index and query parameters?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Dec-2015 00:00

I am facing the same problem.

My project - Sitefinity 8.0.5700, Feathers 1.2.260.1. The textbox rendered doesn't show any autocomplete. The Search button doesn't respond at all. No redirect or error in both console and logs. Upgrading to Feathers 1.2.290.1 doesn't work either.

Then, I tried creating a new project with Sitefinity 8.0.5710, default Feathers version. The search widget is able to work properly (autocomplete, redirect, etc)

I have no idea what went wrong with my project. Is the widget depending on some dll which i might be missing in the projects?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Dec-2015 00:00

Hello Yong,

The issue has been resolved in the support ticket.

I am sharing the resolution with the community:
There has been an older script for the search box widget that needs to be removed as it is no longer used.

Deleting the Scripts folder located in ResourcePackages -> Bootstrap -> MVC resolved the issue in this case.

Keep in mind that a clear of the browser's cache might be necessary for the changes to take effect.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed