Login widget error - doesn't actually write anything to

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:59

Login widget error - doesn't actually write anything to log file

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2015 00:00

All -

I'm experiencing a problem with the login widget using SF8.1.5810.0 + Feather 1.3.340.0.

When I place it onto a page I get an error, "Exception occured while executing the controller. Check error logs for details." However nothing ever gets written to the error logs so I'm sort of dead in the water as to what maybe happening. This happens in design mode and while viewing the public facing page.

Any ideas on where I could look to figure out what error is actually being thrown?

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi Joel,

More information is needed to find out the actual reason of the problem.

Please provide the followings:

- Error.log file from the <Project Root>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs folder also UpgradeTrace.log file if the project's been recently upgraded (If the Error loggin with ELMAH is configured into the project then Error.log file might be stored at the different/custom location).

- SystemConfig.config file from the <Project Root>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration

- Place the Login form widget on new pages with the Hybrid/ Classic or Pure MVC mode and see if the error exist with every page mode or only some particular page mode?

Note: Confidential things like connection strings/user credentials should be removed from the above mentioned files if any (e.g. SystemConfig.config).

Alternatively a test can be performed by implementing a custom login widget with the default MVC Login widget's code to see if the error exist with the custom widget or not? The codes (e.g. LoginFormController.cs, LoginFormModel.cs, LoginFormView.cshtml etc.) can be found on GitHub (Feather project is open source) here at https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather-widgets/tree/master/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Identity/Mvc.

Regards,

Arnob Makhlaqur
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed