Blog posts widget not displaying template corrently

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:03

Blog posts widget not displaying template corrently

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2016 00:00

I have placed the blog posts widget into the blog section page i have created. I have also created a few dummy blog posts to see this working.

This listing works as expected with the page template all displaying. however when I click on a post the whole page template disappears and just shows the widget template.

Is there something I am missing? I can provide a screen recording of what I am receiving if that helps?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jan-2016 00:00

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting the support team.

The only reason I can think of why the page template disappears is that you have configured the widget to open the details of the blog post(when blog details are rendered the rest of the blog posts list will dissapear) on another page that don't have this template. I believe you get the default functionality, if the aim is to have a lit of blog posts at one place and the details of a selected blog posts on another place let me know.

Can you please open the blog post widget designer and in the section Single item settings check what page is selected. Note that the auto-generated page from the first radio button will open the details in a page with the same page template as the one on the current page.

It will be very useful if you could provide a video recording of the whole scenario.

I look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Georgi Mateev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed