Custom Designer for Custom Widget isn't registering

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:05

Custom Designer for Custom Widget isn't registering

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2016 00:00

I've followed the custom designer tutorial so many times now. I'm at the point of giving up now. I'm attempting to have a label that uses the advanced editor and allows shared content. That's why you see all the bells and whistles from github.com/.../Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.ContentBlock. My custom designer is not registering as the primary and I don't see it as an option in the designer window. I'm not using the standard Content Block widget because I want to have this  be in a widget. Imagine a label that's editable and allows shared content and a button in one widget. That's as basic as I can describe it. We want to allow our Content Managers free reign over the text, but have no control over the other stuff going on in a widget like that button.

I have my model MyCustom.cs. I have MyCustomController.cs that is being called. Under Mvc->Scripts->MyCustom I have designerview-mycustom.js 

(function ($)
    var EMPTY_GUID = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000';

var simpleViewModule = angular.module('simpleViewModule', ['designer', 'kendo.directives', 'sharedContentServices', 'sfFields', 'sfSelectors']);
    angular.module('designer').requires.push('simpleViewModule');

simpleViewModule.factory('contentBlockService', ['dialogFeedbackService', 'sharedContentService', function (dialogFeedbackService, sharedContentService)
        var contentItem;
        var properties;

var unlockContentItem = function ()
            return sharedContentService.deleteTemp(properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue);
        ;

var updateContentItem = function ()
            return sharedContentService.update(contentItem, properties.Content.PropertyValue, properties.ProviderName.PropertyValue);
        ;

return function (data)
            properties = data;

var isShared = properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue != EMPTY_GUID;

if (isShared && !contentItem)
                var checkOut = true;
                return sharedContentService.get(properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue, properties.ProviderName.PropertyValue, checkOut)
                    .then(function (data)
                        contentItem = data;
                        if (contentItem)
                            properties.Content.PropertyValue = contentItem.Item.Content.Value;
                            dialogFeedbackService.savingHandlers.push(updateContentItem);
                            dialogFeedbackService.cancelingHandlers.push(unlockContentItem);

, function ()
                        properties.Content.PropertyValue = '';
                        properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue = EMPTY_GUID;
                    );

;
    ]);

//basic controller for the simple designer view
    simpleViewModule.controller('MyCustomCtrl', ['$scope', 'propertyService', 'sharedContentService', 'contentBlockService',
        function ($scope, propertyService, sharedContentService, contentBlockService)
            var contentItem;

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------
            // event handlers

var onGetPropertiesSuccess = function (data)
                $scope.properties = propertyService.toAssociativeArray(data.Items);
                $scope.isShared = $scope.properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue != EMPTY_GUID;

kendo.bind();

if ($scope.isShared)
                    return contentBlockService($scope.properties);

;

// scope variables and set up

$scope.feedback.showLoadingIndicator = true;

$scope.isShared = false;

propertyService.get()
                .then(onGetPropertiesSuccess)
                .catch(function (data)
                    $scope.feedback.showError = true;
                    if (data)
                        $scope.feedback.errorMessage = data.Detail;
                )
                .finally(function ()
                    $scope.isShared = $scope.properties.SharedContentID.PropertyValue != EMPTY_GUID;
                    $scope.feedback.showLoadingIndicator = false;
                );

]);
)(jQuery);

I have under Mvc->Views->MyCustom DesignerView.MyCustom.cshtml and DesignerView.MyCustom.json as embedded files. There's also Default.cshtml.

DesignerView.MyCustom.cshtml.

@using Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.Mvc.Helpers

<h3>Is any of this working?</h3>
<div ng-show="isShared" class="alert alert-warning">
    <b>@Html.Resource("ThisContentIsShared")</b> @Html.Resource("SharedContentWarning")
</div>
<sf-html-field class="kendo-content-block" sf-model="properties.Content.PropertyValue"></sf-html-field>

DesignerView.MyCustom.json

"priority": 1,
  "scripts": [
    "Mvc/Scripts/ContentBlock/shared-content-services.js",
    "client-components/selectors/taxonomies/sf-taxonomy-service.js"
  ],
  "components": [ "sf-html-field" ]

"sf-html-field" is located under ResourcePackages->Bootstrap->client-components->fields->html-fields->sf-html-field.sf-cshtml

I have the Feather nuget package and the module hasn't been enabled on the server (it breaks stuff when I do it). Can anyone see what I'm messing up?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2016 00:00

[quote]Bryson said:

I have the Feather nuget package and the module hasn't been enabled on the server (it breaks stuff when I do it). Can anyone see what I'm messing up?

[/quote]

Do you mean that the Feather module hasn't been enabled?

The Feather Module isn't enabled. When I did it breaks things. See this guy: www.sitefinity.com/.../turning-on-feather-caused-unable-to-upgrade-database-schema-warnings-and-error

In that case, I upgraded Feather and all of its nuget dependencies THEN turned on the Feather module. I'll try again and see if it works this time.

It's working now. All of it. I upgraded Feather nuget packages, built it, turned on the Feather module, the project didn't reinitialize, and all was good.

Yes, without the Feather module being activated, things won't work. I am happy you resolved it, thanks for the update!

This thread is closed