Modify Embedded Resources

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 13:58

Modify Embedded Resources

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2016 00:00

The Feather documentation seems to say that it is possible to override the embedded resources found in Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend. Using JustDecompile I can see javascript and sf-cshtml files in that assembly which I would like to modify (sf-image-selector.sf-cshtml). However, I can confirm that Sitefinity is not using this assembly and I can therefore not override the resources being used in it by creating the conventional folder structure and new files in my project. I am able to create my own widgets (and customize existing Feather ones) by adding/modifying cshtml files in my ~/ResourcePackages/[PackageName]/MVC/Views/[WidgetName] folder. But nothing in my ~/ResourcePackages/[PackageName]/client-components/ folder is being used by Sitefinity. Using JustDecompile I did a simple test.  In Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend.client_components.selectors.media.sf-image-selector.sf-cshtml there are references to the resource ClientComponentsResources.SimplyDragAndDrop. I went into the Administration.Labels & Messages and changed the label of that resource. No change was made in Sitefinity, showing that Sitefinity is not using that assembly. I then changed the label of the resource LibrariesResources.DragAndDropBeforeDragging and the change showed on the control I am trying to modify. So, my question is: using Feather, is it possible to override the embedded resources used in Sitefinity for selector controls? And if so, how? I am using version 8.2 and  have Feather version 1.4.430.0 installed. I am able to modify Feather Widgets and have created custom field controls for Dynamic Modules. I cannot find a way to modify this file: https://github.com/Sitefinity/feather/blob/master/Telerik.Sitefinity.Frontend/client-components/selectors/media/sf-image-selector.sf-cshtml

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2016 00:00

Ok. I think I've discovered the answer to this. Really wish Sitefinity was a little more forthcoming with what exactly you are able to do with MVC/Angular using the Feather framework.

From what I have experienced, as of the current version of Feather:

You can use MVC/AngularJS to add/edit Page Layouts, Widgets, and Widget Designers and that is all.

To change any of the Content forms you must still use WebForms/ASCX controls. This includes any fields/selectors/etc... used on any form used to create/edit content in Sitefinity.

This thread is closed