Can't add Thunder MVC Widget Designer after using Feathe

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 22:20

Can't add Thunder MVC Widget Designer after using Feather

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2016 00:00

Hi all.

I'm working on a project which involves a whole bunch of different mvc widgets.  Most of these have used custom designers added with Thunder, but one of them required some extra functionality which I did with a feather-type designer instead.  Ever since then, any time I try to add a designer to an existing mvc widget using thunder, the wizard is never able to see my widgets.  I've built the project, even added the widget to a page already, but the designer wizard still refuses to see my widget as one which can have a designer added to it.  I've worked around this so far by copying the designer files from an older widget and updating them to work with the new widget, but it's a tedious process.

Another oddity is that if I create a widget and do not create a designer for it, when I click on the edit link after adding it to a page, the designer which shows up is a feather designer.  I'm not sure what that means, since the widget should not have any designer at all, and should just get the default advanced one.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give as far as figuring out how to make my new mvc widgets show up in the thunder wizard for adding designers to existing mvc widgets.

Thanks,

-Mike

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2016 00:00

Hello Mike,

This is expected behavior when using the Feather module. When there is no Designer attribute by default a Feather designer is created for the widget, which is the same as the default advanced view designer. For more information refer to the following documentation article: http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-customize-properties-displayed-inside-the-property-editor

To enable Thunder to find the Controllers when adding designer to an existing widget make sure that the SitefinityWebApp assembly has the ControllerContainer specification in the AssemblyInfo as specified in the following documentation article: http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-create-widgets#create-the-custom-model-the-controller-and-the-view

Furthermore make sure that the Thunder module is updated to the latest version (currently 1.6.0.0).

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2016 00:00

Thank you very much.  Updating the assembly info as suggested seems to have done the trick.

This thread is closed