DevMagazineSite Sitefinity 9.1 - Initialization failed

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 19:54

DevMagazineSite Sitefinity 9.1 - Initialization failed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2016 00:00

I am trying to get the  DevMagazineSite to run on my local box with SF 9.1

Using Visual Studio 2015 Professional, locally installed Sql Server 2014, with the database bak restored.

I open the solution and run it, projects compiles, cogwheels then:

Initialization failed

The type initializer for 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment' threw an exception. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2016 00:00

Hello,

Can you please verify or (re-)install the Windows Azure SDK for .NET for Visual Studio?
http://docs.sitefinity.com/reference-windows-azure-sdk-supported-versions

This solved the issue for me.

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2016 00:00

Now it seems to get beyond the initial initialization but I get the following 

You have requested a file from older product minor version(ProductMinorVersionId = 4513, ProductId = 725) 

I am using the version 9.1 trail version

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2016 00:00

Try to put your licence file inside this folder App_Data\Sitefinity and restart application

And be sure, that you have correct licence key. I mean, from version 9.1

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2016 00:00

So I suppose it that means that the Devmagazine site will not work with the trail version  ...  it may help if you'll put that out there ...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2016 00:00

Hi,

The requirement of having a Sitefinity CMS license is mentioned among the requirements on the documentation page;

Requirements

• Sitefinity CMS license

• .NET Framework 4

• Visual Studio 2012

• Microsoft SQL Server Express and SQL Server 2008R2 or later versions

http://docs.sitefinity.com/feather-create-a-devmagazine-site

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2017 00:00

So I would like to get this DevMagazine up and running on my local machine so that I can learn from it. I did see the requirements for a Sitefinity CMS License. I have a license for the project I am working on. It is the latest release of Sitefinity. Am I supposed to use that license for this tutorial/sample site? Or should I download a trial key for it? Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2017 00:00

Hi Jason,

Yes, you can use your licence for DevMagazine

This thread is closed