Page edit view not showing up after adding a MVC custom widg

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 17:49

Page edit view not showing up after adding a MVC custom widget on the page.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2016 00:00

I have created  various MVC custom widgets but never had any issue in editing the page containing that widget. The widget works fine on view but I am not able to edit anything on the page.

The only difference in my new MVC custom widget is that I am using a ViewModel . I have added a ViewModels folder inside the MVC folder in my project. I read few blog posts and they say the page editing feature is broken due to some javascript in the code, but I have no javascript for this widget.

All other pages are working fine, I am able to edit them but the page having this widget gives me a problem.

Hi Ridhi. Can you please check javascript erorrs in console in you browser. And send it to us.

And if you already understand what is the problem in your widget and you need to fix this page, just go to page revision for this page and revert page back to previous revision.

Hi victor,

There are no javascript errors shown in my console. I have no clue whats the problem.

Please find attached the screenshot of my console.

You can't edit in inline mode. Can you try to edit in backend?

When i try to edit in backend, the inline edit page shows up.  It does not go to the backend edit page URL.

Victor, any idea what could be causing this error? I have gone through various posts but I cannot find any resolution. Why is sitefinity getting redirected to inline edit url instead of the edit url when I click on the page name in sitefinity backend??

Request you to pls help me resolve this issue. 

write me to victor(dot)leontev(at)gmail(dot)com

i want to see this problem through teamviewer

I have emailed you.

This thread is closed