Ability to sort custom content type in designer

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2018 21:21

Ability to sort custom content type in designer

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2016 00:00

I have a custom widget that displays a list of custom content types (products).  I want to give the ability for the user to set the display order in the widget designer.  So for example i have product1, product2, product3, and product4.  In the designer I would like a sortable list of the products and the user can ideally drag and and move the products around to set their order as desired.  I see this functionality in various parts of Sitefinity (such as related data section of a content).  How to do this in the widget designer?

Using Feather 9.1.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2016 00:00

Update: I think I can accomplish this via the  sf-list-selector.  I have the tag below in the designer.  However I am getting an exception in the log file when i press save in the designer:

End element 'PropertyValue' from namespace '' expected. Found element 'item' from namespace ''.   I don't have a view JSON or JS file.

<sf-list-selector sf-dynamic-items-selector sf-provider="properties.ProductProviderName.PropertyValue" sf-item-type="properties.ProductType.PropertyValue" sf-multiselect="true" sf-sortable="true" sf-master="true" sf-selected-ids="properties.ProductIds.PropertyValue" />

See same issue reported here: www.sitefinity.com/.../multiple-content-item-selector-for-dynamic-items-in-widget-designer 

Making a little progress.  It turns out the value for the sf-selected-ids attribute needs to be in JSON array format. e.g. [ productId1, productId2, productId3].  Otherwise the backend service throws that exception.  However, the selector by itself creates the string as product1, product2, product3.  I.e. without the brackets.

So from what i gather, I need to create a JS file for designer that'll do that mapping back and forth.   Will report back on progress.

OK, got it going finally.  Here is the selector in the designer view (DesignerView.Simple.cshtml):

<sf-list-selector sf-dynamic-items-selector sf-provider="properties.ProductProviderName.PropertyValue" sf-item-type="properties.ProductType.PropertyValue" sf-multiselect="true" sf-sortable="true" sf-master="true" sf-selected-ids="productIds" />

As mentioned above, you'll need the designer JS file to do the JSON conversion back and forth.  So I save this in the MVC/Scripts/[WidgetName]/designer-simple.json:  (Simple is the name of the designer view)

(function ($)

var designerModule = angular.module('designer');
    angular.module('designer').requires.push('sfSelectors');

designerModule.controller('SimpleCtrl', ['$scope', 'propertyService', function ($scope, propertyService)

$scope.feedback.showLoadingIndicator = true;
        propertyService.get().then(function (data)
            if (data)
                $scope.properties = propertyService.toAssociativeArray(data.Items);

function (data)
            $scope.feedback.showError = true;
            if (data)
                $scope.feedback.errorMessage = data.Detail;
        ).finally(function ()
            $scope.feedback.showLoadingIndicator = false;
        );

$scope.$watch('properties.ProductIds.PropertyValue', function (newValue, oldValue)
            if (newValue)                
                $scope.productIds = JSON.parse(newValue);

);

$scope.$watch('productIds', function (newValue, oldValue)
            if (newValue)                
                $scope.properties.ProductIds.PropertyValue = JSON.stringify(newValue);

);

]);

)(jQuery);

Lastly I added a DesignerView.Simple.json file in the same folder as DesignerView.Simple.cshtml:

"priority": 1,
    "scripts": [     
        "client-components/selectors/common/sf-selected-items-view.js"
    ],
    "components" : ["sf-dynamic-items-selector"]

Now the widget controller has a ProductIds property.  It's values will be in format [productId1, productId2, etc.].  I used a JSON deserializer to get an array of products for the controller Index action:

public class ProductServicesWidgetController : Controller

private string productProviderName = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["productProviderName"];
       private string productTypeName = WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["productTypeName"];

public string ProductIds get; set;

public string ProductType

get return productTypeName;
           set productTypeName = value;

public string ProductProviderName

get return productProviderName;
           set productProviderName = value;

public ActionResult Index()

var selectedProducts = string.IsNullOrEmpty(this.ProductIds) ? new Guid[0] : JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<Guid[]>(this.ProductIds);

// ... rest of your controller index action

This thread is closed