Lists customization ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:55

Lists customization ?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hello All,
I'm trying to figure out how to implement list module with icon for a content item.
Are there are extensibility points in the Lists module to add new data to content item element or it's required to create new module from scratch?
The screenshot of what I'm trying to achieve is in the attachment.
Thanks in advance,

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi Maxim,

It is possible to extend ListItemsMasterView. There is a virtual ListsControl_ItemDataBound method where you can inject your logic for the images. Another option is using css if there would not some dynamic data that you want to additionally show.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Thanks for the response, Ivan!
Can you point me to the place where I can read/watch more about extending existing modules for sitefinity 4? I found a lot of videos and documentation for sitefinity 3.x but quite a little about sitefinity 4. I think that dynamic fields could fit my purpose but I can't find a complete example of how to use them in sitefinity 4.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hello Maxim,

There are samples in our SDK. You can also check the support resources.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed