Radgrid, datasource openaccess file not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:36

Radgrid, datasource openaccess file not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Í have installed latest version of the sdk and sitefinity(4.1.1395). After adding a datasource. I've tried to add an openaccessdatasource. It results in below error.

High Build Error An error was encountered while obtainining the Persistent types defined in the solution.Please build the projects in the solution and try again.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.SharepointConnector' or one of its dependencies. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities.TypeConverters.TypeResolutionService.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.InheritableManagerTypeAttribute..ctor(String managerTypeName)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute._CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule pModule, IRuntimeMethodInfo pCtor, Byte** ppBlob, Byte* pEndBlob, Int32* pcNamedArgs)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.CreateCaObject(RuntimeModule module, IRuntimeMethodInfo ctor, IntPtr& blob, IntPtr blobEnd, Int32& namedArgs)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeType type, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.RuntimeType.GetCustomAttributes(Boolean inherit)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.IsPersistent(Type t)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.DoWorkInAnotherDomain()
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at System.AppDomain.DoCallBack(CrossAppDomainDelegate callBackDelegate)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.Initialize()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Core.DesignTimeHelper.GetProxyTypes()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.API.RuntimeSupport.GetProxyTypes()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesProvider.ObtainTypes()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.PersistentClassesProvider.GetClassesSorted()
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.Sdk.Addin.Design.PersclassTypeConverter.GetPersistentClasses()

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Can you provide some more details about how you bind the RadGrid and what is the datasource you use?
I am not sure how you bind the control and what exactly cause this error. The strange in this case is that you are referencing Telerik.Sitefinity.SharepointConnector somehow, but as far as I remember we don't use it

Can you try the attached sample that illustrates databinding of RadGrid to a dummy source?

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Development computer windows 7, visual studio 2010

Basics steps followed:

- Installed sitefinity 4.1.1395
- Installed sitefinity SDK 4.1.1395
- Create a site with project manager
- Open the site in visual studio 2010
- Add new item > ORM Domain model > Follow wizard steps
- Add new item> Web User Control > change to VB
- Add(drag drop)Radgrid to WebUsercontrol
- Show smarttag > new datasource > select  Openaccess  at this point below error message occures in visual studio and the openaccess datasource is not added.

To me noticable things are:
- In the project file generated for the site there are references to a 2010 version of telerik.sitefinity etc.  When changed above problem is not solved.
- persistence orm classes are not build.
- Radgrid and sql datasource or object datasource do work.
- Dragging and dropping an openacces datasource to the usercontrol works, but the configure option does not work in this case.
- Tried it in a normal web application project. Above steps do work. 

I will try your sample later today and see if it works. I think it will.  The issue I am having is only with the openaccess datasource.

thanks,

Richard

I hope this explains it beter .

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hi richard van der Helm,

After completing the configuration wizard (www.telerik.com/.../developemnt-environment-wizards-dialogs-model-tools-wizard-overview.html) rebuild the solution. Add OpenAccessDataSource and configure it using www.telerik.com/.../data-toolbox-controls-openaccessdatasource-web-server-control.html .

Please, note that accessing Sitefinity content data(like news, events etc) must be done via Sitefinity API documented with examples at www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-essentials.html . There you can read, i.e., how to construct IQueryable of all news items in order to populate the RadGrid. You must call manager's SaveChanges() in order to apply changes made in the grid.

We advise you to separate the ORM domain model in a class library. One can not add ORM domain model in a web site.

Greetings,
Garo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply, I can get it to work in a new project, but when I try it in a sitefinitywebapp I keep getting the same errors. Will reinstall everything and give it one more try.

This thread is closed