Questions - double project for 2 languages and IIS slowing d

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:32

Questions - double project for 2 languages and IIS slowing down

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2011 00:00

Hi there.

Our company bought small business edition, we've got some question about it.
We gonna try to run two project on the same machine, i mean two websites with different subdomain: .com and .pl for two different language version. I know, that sitefinity has the option for translate the project to different language version, but we have some content hardcoded inside master pages. is it alright to put two projects on one machine, on different subdomains?

another question: we have installed the sitefinity on our machine, but when we are trying to request it, w3wp.exe process is starting to "eat" abnormal amount of resources. Sometimes cpu signed to this process reaches 100%. Web is horrible slow and putting some errors time to time, do you know any similiar case for that? We've checked the IIS, SQL and whole server  - its pretty decent machine, its almost sure, that the problem is caused by sitefinity project.

For example: screencast.com/.../wfOak6F7Tk

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Maciej,

There are no problems running multiple websites/projects from one IIS. As the license is applied per project and each project has its own Sitefinity you can even run multiple versions of the system on one machine.

We are currently working on optimizing the performance of the system which will result in less CPU usage. Right now we can recommend that you commission at least 500 MB memory for the application pool in which your website will run. This will make sure that your application pool does not recycle due to insufficient memory.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2012 00:00

Sorry for a very late reply to this. The only question is how do we authorise the licence for 2 domains. As you can see taskbeat.com and taskbeat.pl are in fact same project, even though technically they're two Sitefinity projects on two domains. Please advise how can I activate our licence for both of them?

Sorry for a very late reply to this. The only question is how do we authorise the licence for 2 domains. As you can see taskbeat.com and taskbeat.pl are in fact same project, even though technically they're two Sitefinity projects on two domains. Please advise how can I activate our licence for both of them?

Dear Maciej

When you buy a license (or two in your case) and log in in sitefinity.com you can say for what domain you want each license to be valid. 

The two sites would run independently from each other. You simply apply the corresponding sitefinity.lic to each project. That should do the trick.

However when you are really talking about the same site in two languages I would recomend and pay the extra 1000 USD for the Standard Edition (SE 2000 vs. 2 SBE each 500 USD)

Why. 

a) Maintaining would be easier - only one update not two
b) Resources - one SF would surely use less RAM then two SF instances
c) Rights - You only have to add users on one site
d) backups - less space
e) all benefits that come with SE like: more then 50 pages, mulitlingual in more then two langues, forms, analytcis and stuff

I assume that you bought 2 SBE to save 1000 USD. I think in the long term it would not pay off. Maybe try to talk to sales if you can switch and pay the difference.  

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Aug-2012 00:00

I second Markus's advice.  Sitefinity 4.0 and all later eat up a large amount of resources when users are using the backend.  That being said, currently, the company I am contracted two has 10 sitefinity 3.7 websites on a 4GB RAM box with and are now starting to run into resource issues.  Another identical box has six SF 5.0 instances running on it and it is also about maxed out on resources when content managers are working on the backend. 

I've run SysInternals Process Monitor on both boxes and the SF 3.7 instance seem to max out at 150MB - 200MB of ram where SF 4.0+ - SF 5.0 ran between 300MB and 500MB.  Thank goodness the business is upgrading to two 32GB load balanced servers this year.

This thread is closed