Sitefinity Analytics Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:16

Sitefinity Analytics Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2011 00:00

I am trying to configure Analytics for a sitefinity 4.1 website. My google analytics account credentials are accepted. I am able to pick the profile I want. After saving the changes, I clicked on the analytics tab again and I get this error (please see attachment).

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello jlesidt,

Please check whether you can AnalyticsConfiguration.config and .bak under App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder. The error you see is thrown when the anaytics is trying to initialize its settings and there is some issue with AnalyticsConfiguration.config - the file is not accessible and the xml data could not be read.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

AnalyticsConfiguration.config is missing in the configuration folder. It is not getting generated.

Hello jlesidt,

Do you have problems with other configurations files? Can you check IIS log in case something blocks the file generated. When you created an account did you get any errors ? If you move the project to another machine can you replicate the issues? What is the case with a new instance of Sitefinity on the same and another machine?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Everytime I discard changes and reenter the credentials, there is a DashboardPermissions.config. It is the same problem on my localhost and another machine. 

Hi jlesidt,

Ok, I am not able to replicate the issue, so you can open a support request and provide us with FTP from where I can get the project and test it with my analytics account.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

one quick question. where should this file be Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap saved?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2011 00:00

Hi jlesidt,

It should be in the ClientBin folder of the application.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed