News List custom sorting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:01

News List custom sorting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hello everybody.

I created a custom field for News Item called ShowOrder. It's Number and contains values like 1, 2, 3, etc. Now I want to show News List sorted by this field. Unfortunately, I cannot choose it in List Settings. Also I tried to change SortExpression in NewsFrontendList, but when I'm trying to save value which is ShowOrder DESC it changes back to PublicationDate DESC.

It would be great, if someone explains how I could implement this sorting.

Thanks,

Barys

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Barys,

There is indeed an issue with setting SortExpression using custom fields. Once the SortExpression is set the sorting is applied but the field is not updated. Every time you edit the widget you should update the SortExpression in order to save the sorting.
The issue is  logged in our system and forwarded for fixing.  You can monitor the status of the bugs in our issue tracking system PITS. The issue ID is 6361.

I updated your Telerik points.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed