ContentViewDefinition Does Not Exist

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:43

ContentViewDefinition Does Not Exist

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2011 00:00

Hello everyone,
I am having trouble with a module that I am writing that is based on the Products module that comes with the SDK.  I was able to get the module installed and it shows up under the "Content" drop down list, but when I go to the module (called Promos) I get an error message:

The ContentViewDefinition with name 'PromosBackend' does not exist in configuration files.
           You should either add the ContentViewDefiniton with such name to the configuration;
           change ControlDefinitionName or load ControlDefinition programatically by setting
           the ControlDefinition property.

I can't seem to find out why this error message is showing up.  Everything between the Products module and my Promos module are similar.  Can I please get some information about why this is happening?

Thank you,

Tim

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Rushman,

Can you, please, check in App_data->Sitefinity->Configurations->ContentViewConfig.config if you have a line referencing your module? This is a strange issue, as the module is showing up in the Content section. Have you followed correctly the procedures for installing the module,especially point 10: In the StartupType field, enter OnApplicationStart.
Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed