Loading JQueryUI

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:09

Loading JQueryUI

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi

I had a look to the list of script references in sitefinity settings. I want to use one of them in my custom control. The script reference is "JQueryUI", I want to load it on the custom control. Please let me know how it i can do that?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Amir,

Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery-ui-1.8.8.custom.min.js or take a look at this forum thread where you will find code for control using jQueryUI.

Please write back if you need further help.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Telerik, Amir...

I think I am looking to do the same thing as Amir here...  using the ResourceLinks/ResourceFile we can load JQuery:

<sf:ResourceLinks id="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
   <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery"/>
</sf:ResourceLinks>

I would assume that the embedded JQueryUI scripts would be available using the same method, but the following fails:

<sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery"/>
   <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQueryUI"/>

Cannot create an object of type 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.JavaScriptLibrary' from its string representation 'JQueryUI' for the 'JavaScriptLibrary' property.

I am attempting the impossible?  or just doing it wrong??  If JQueryUI is embedded just as JQuery is, shouldn't this just work?

I did try this and it appears to be working:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
   <sf:ResourceFile name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery-1.5.2.min.js" />
   <sf:resourcefile name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery-ui-1.8.8.custom.min.js" />

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Matthew,

The approach

<sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQueryUI"/>
will not call this library - it is used for jQuery. You should use Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery-ui-1.8.8.custom.min.js as you have figured out yourself. jQueryUI is not embedded in jQuery.

Please write to us back if you need further assistance with this.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Is this still valid with 4.2?  After upgrading to 4.2, my jQuery is broken.  Do I need to reference a newer version of JQuery UI?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Brad,

Refer to this blog post for relevant information on adding jQuery.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed