PagesSelector events

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:48

PagesSelector events

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

The PagesSelector control has 2 buttons - Cancel and Done Selecting.

How can I attach 2 custom javascript functions and in the one attached to Done Selecting to get the selected page guid (if internal selection is used) or the external link / name (if From Other site options is used)

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello FlR,

We are sorry for the delayed answer. When the Cancel and Done selecting buttons are pressed a javascript event is fired. The event name is doneClientSelection and you can subscribe for it with the add_doneClientSelection method of the PagesSelector client object. The handler for this event should have two parameters: selectedPages - an array with the selected pages and isCanceled - a boolean value holding information whether the Cancel button is clicked. When isCanceled is true then selectedPages is null.
You can use the following code snippet:

_pagesSelector.add_doneClientSelection(doneClientSelectionHandler);

function doneClientSelectionHandler (selectedPages, isCanceled)
    if (isCanceled)
        return;
    for (var i = 0, l = selectedPages.length; i < l; i++)
        var page = selectedPages[i];
        if (page.Url) //the page is external
            // you can use page.Url and page page.Title
        else // the page is internal
            // you can use page.Id and page page.Title

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

Thank you! One last question - How do I get the js reference of PageSelector server side control.

For example - if I have this declaration:
<sf:PagesSelector runat="server" ID="pageSelector" AllowExternalPagesSelection="true"     AllowMultipleSelection="false">

How do I get in js it's reference (in your sample _pageSelector)

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi FlR,

You can get the script references by overriding GetScriptDescriptors

public override IEnumerable<System.Web.UI.ScriptDescriptor> GetScriptDescriptors()

var descriptors = new List<ScriptDescriptor>();
            var descriptor = (ScriptControlDescriptor)this.GetBaseScriptDescriptors().Last();            
            descriptors.Add(descriptor);
            return descriptors;

internal virtual IEnumerable<ScriptDescriptor> GetBaseScriptDescriptors()

var scriptDescriptors = new List<ScriptDescriptor>(base.GetScriptDescriptors());
            var scriptControlDescriptor = scriptDescriptors.Where(sd => typeof(ScriptControlDescriptor).IsAssignableFrom(sd.GetType())).First() as ScriptControlDescriptor;
            scriptControlDescriptor.Type = typeof(HtmlField).FullName;
            return scriptDescriptors;

public override IEnumerable<System.Web.UI.ScriptReference> GetScriptReferences()

var scripts = new List<ScriptReference>(base.GetScriptReferences());           
            return scripts;

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

I want to use this from a user control (System.Web.UI.UserControl) which is in a admin module page; therefore I cannot override those methods - I'm not using it from a designer view.

Is there another way to access it from javascript?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi FlR,

These methods are part of IScriptControl interface, so you should be able to use them.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I have made my custom designer successfully. I just wanted to know if I can make pages already selected/checked in PagesSelector?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Saad,

You need a function that will select the item again

_pageSelected: function (items)
        if (items == null)
            return;
        var selectedItem = this.get_pageSelector().getSelectedItems()[0];
        if (selectedItem)

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed