Cannot find template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:42

Cannot find template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm developing custom widget for Sitefinity 4.1 and I follow the documentation. Somehow I encountered this error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot find template "~/SFERegistration/ERegistrationModule.Resources.Views.EventItemList.ascx".

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Cannot find template "~/SFERegistration/ERegistrationModule.Resources.Views.EventItemList.ascx".

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Cannot find template "~/SFERegistration/ERegistrationModule.Resources.Views.EventItemList.ascx".]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlUtilities.GetTemplate(String virtualPath, String resourceFileName, Type assemblyInfo, String templateDeclaration, Boolean addChildrenAsDirectDescendants) +864
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlUtilities.GetControlTemplate(TemplateInfo info) +437
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ControlUtilities.GetTemplate(TemplateInfo info) +1056
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.get_LayoutTemplate() +119
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.get_Container() +21
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +46
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496 

I've changed the template path in my widget,

private const string layoutTemplateName = "ERegistrationModule.Resources.Views.EventItemList.ascx";

protected override string LayoutTemplateName
    get return null;

public override string LayoutTemplatePath
    get

var path = ERegistrationModule.ERegistrationVirtualPath + layoutTemplateName;
        return path;

set

base.LayoutTemplatePath = value;

I've also set the virtual path in my module class
public static string ERegistrationVirtualPath = "~/SFERegistration/";

public override void Install(SiteInitializer initializer)
    base.Install(initializer);
    InstallCustomVirtualPaths(initializer);

private void InstallCustomVirtualPaths(SiteInitializer initialzer)
    var virtualPathConfig = initialzer.Context.GetConfig<VirtualPathSettingsConfig>();
    var moduleVirtualPathConfig = new VirtualPathElement(virtualPathConfig.VirtualPaths)

VirtualPath = ERegistrationModule.ERegistrationVirtualPath + "*",
        ResolverName = "EmbeddedResourceResolver",
        ResourceLocation = "ERegistrationModule"
    ;
    if (!virtualPathConfig.VirtualPaths.ContainsKey(ERegistrationModule.ERegistrationVirtualPath + "*"))
        virtualPathConfig.VirtualPaths.Add(moduleVirtualPathConfig);
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Anton

Hi Anton,

1. Check whether the VirtualPathSettingsConfig is updated through the configurations ( Administration>> Settings >> Advanced;)

2. Make sure that your template is built as an embedded resource

3.ResourceLocation is set correctly. Generally is set to the name of the class library like in the default modules Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for you reply.

I've checked the virtual path and my path is registered (~/SFERegistration/*).
The build action of my .ascx is also already set to Embedded Resource, and my ResourceLocation is  set to my class library name (ERegistrationModule).
Btw, I didn't create resource class as in documentation because I don't think that my module will be localized,
so I don't set all the "ResourceClassId" properties. Does this cause the error?
So far it works in backend.

Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Anton

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2011 00:00

The problem is resolved now. Apparently I put the widget's class (EventItemList) in the same folder as its view (EventItemList.ascx) and they have the same name & namespace, then EmbeddedResourceResolver can't find the .ascx.

Regards,

Anton

This thread is closed