Client Binders Questers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:30

Client Binders Questers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2011 00:00

**EDIT**  Why the heck did I type "Questers" when I meant "Questions"? :)

...so I tried the GenericCollectionBinder to just show some data on the front end.

1) This is very cool functionality :) but...

2) 10 events are sending me 30k in data...when I really just need the title and url, is there a way to define the fields I need?  I really just want the ID, Title, Description, Date...I seem to be able to get much faster results with asmx and the radxmlhttppanel (although less convenient)

2) Why is it that I need to be logged in to use the binders...are they just for backend stuff?  When I visited the page with the binder as anon it sent me over to the login page with a redirect url back there

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

The ClientBinder has a property DataMembers - gets or sets the data members. DataMembers are the names of the properties which are used in the binder (to be displayed, edited or inserted). Use comma to separate keys, if data item has more than one data member.

sample

<sitefinity:RadListBoxBinder id="libraryBinder"
    runat="server"
    ServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/ContentService.svc/"
    TargetId="libraryListBox"
    BindOnLoad="false"
    DataKeyNames="Id"
    DataMembers="Id, Title">
    <Containers>
        <sitefinity:BinderContainer ID="BinderContainer2" runat="server" RenderContainer="true">
            <span>Title</span>
        </sitefinity:BinderContainer>
    </Containers>
</sitefinity:RadListBoxBinder>

As for the second issue, you cannot use the services if you are not authenticated. Since the binder works with the service you get redirected to the login page if the request is anonymous. We know about this behavior and we are considering some options that could be implemented  to get around this behavior in the future.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Yeah you know I saw the datamembers in the documentation and I set those, but the entire object seems to be coming down for each news item still (newtonsoft JSON packaging it?)

It's really convenient and slick, but a little bloated to practically use if you just need to display 1k of data (less than that actually).

This thread is closed