Workflow rules do not allow to delete

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:41

Workflow rules do not allow to delete

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm creating custom module with backend. My backend view can insert and update data. Somehow whenever I try to delete, an alert "Workflow rules do not allow to delete" appears.
Note that I didn't create any workflow for my custom module.
Do you know how to solve this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Anton,

The error you are getting is when you create a user who does not have Delete rights but you login with that particular user and try to delete an item. As a result the following warning Workflow rules do not allow to delete  is shown.

In order to solve the issue can you please give me more information about your permission settings ? Do you have Workflow set?

You can also check the following thread which contains valuable information regarding this issue.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your answer. This was my fault. 
I forgot to add checking for type Comment  in my provider base. So when the passed type is Comment, it reaches  GetInvalidItemTypeException method.

Regards,

Anton

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

What's Up?
Out of nowhere, I can no longer remove a page. There are no workflows .
I am logged in as an admistrator.
I am receiving the Workflow rules do not allow to delete popup. 
Also, the show in navigation button doesn't hide the menu items from the menu. 

I am using the RadMenu in my custom master template with the default RadSiteMap provider. 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi ,

The requests are always processed by WorkflowManager. Can you enable service tracer and see if there would be some more useful information in the log

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Heads up, this error happens if you have AppFabric installed and monitoring your SF site

This thread is closed