How to use custom database

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:49

How to use custom database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am new to SF. I have requirement where, I have to use custom database (db which client creates). In that custom db, we have user table (the schema is different then the asp.net membership provider). We have our own login interface. The question is, how can I use that login control, so that when user clicks on login button, user will be validated with our db and also login to SF.

We are using SF 4.1.

JAMIL

Hi Muhamma,

You need a custom membership provider that inherits from MembershipDataProvider. There is no other way if you do not have a standard SqlMembershipProvider.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Can you please give me any documentation reference (or any other article). Its just for my guidance?

JAMIL

Hello,

You can look into forums where we provided many samples.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed