Can 2 or more projects share certain files which are the sam

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:16

Can 2 or more projects share certain files which are the same?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Telerik team, I'd like to ask if it's possible for 2 or more projects to share certain files which are essentially the same?

This is the plan, the following websites share a common theme:

www.site.com/gift
www.site.com/buy
www.site.com/give

But due to certain requirements they will be developed into 3 separate projects. So, having the same theme means we'll have the same Master pages and Assets files.

From the top of my head, I think we could achieve my aim through adding virtual directories via IIS. Is this possible and/or are there other possible ways to achieve this objective?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jan,

Sitefinity does not provide a built-in functionality to achieve this. Maybe, in the future, we could to implement a database provider for the FileSystem. We have some plans to do this but the task is not scheduled yet.

However, adding virtual directories to the web sites should be possible.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Thanks Vlad, but then again if I set them as virtual directories, would the CMS load them normally as though the physical files were located in the same directory?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jan,

Yes, if you set them as virtual directories "App_Master" in the root of the web site, Sitefinity will load them correctly. I just tested this scenario to ensure that it is working:

www.site.com/gift/App_Master - virtual dir mapped to physical path c:\SharedTemplates
www.site.com/buy/App_Master - virtual dir mapped to physical path c:\SharedTemplates
www.site.com/give/App_Master - virtual dir mapped to physical path c:\SharedTemplates

Do let us know if you experience any problems.

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed