Upgrade From Sitefinity 4.0 to Sitefinity 4.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:52

Upgrade From Sitefinity 4.0 to Sitefinity 4.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Helloo,
           I have Created Project in Sitefinity 4.0.1210.0. Now i want to Upgrade / Migrate it into Sitefinity 4.1.1359.0.
Can u please tell me the Steps to do the same.

Thanks & Regards
Anu.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Anu,

Since you are using Sitefinity 4 you don`t need to migrate your projects. You can upgrade your project through Sitefinity's Project manager. All you have to do is downloading the new version you want to upgrade to (1395) . Once you change Project.xml as described below an Upgrade button will appear in the manager and you only have to click on it to start the upgrade process.

The upgrade process is automatic and after it you can access directly the upgraded version of your site. To view your old projects in the new project manager you need to add Projects.xml in the project manager folder or simply paste Sitefinity (1395) project manager in the folder you are currently using renaming the old project manager to something like Sitefinity1210. This are the steps aimed for upgrade on your local development machine. To upgrade a deployed site refer to documentation.

Hope this information helps you.

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Admin,
        I have upgraded My Sitefinity 4.0 to Sitefinity 4.1 ... But after upgrading the Project when i checked Version of Sitefinity 4.0 is not changed in  => App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration path ...

Steps which i folwed are :

- Created Project in Sitefinity 4.0

- Installed SItefinity 4.1 and then in Product.xml file of Sitefinity4.1 i changed Url and LocalPath to my Project which is in Sitefinity 4.0

- After this i have opened Sitefinity4.0 Project in Sitefinity4.1 Project Manager n clked on Upgrade ( took the backup of all )

- After Successful Upgradation i chked my files in App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration ... Sitefinity Version is not changed ... Giving error as  ... :(

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=4.0.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Please Help

Thanks & Regards
Anu ...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Anu,

When you enter the backend of the site then the version in the configuration will change.
The steps you took are correct and I want to add some more clarifications.

- Created Project in Sitefinity 4.0
( log to the backend in order to have an active project, if you have just created a project in the project manager the database is not populated )

- Installed SItefinity 4.1 and then in Product.xml file of Sitefinity4.1 i changed Url and LocalPath to my Project which is in Sitefinity 4.0
( for example take Sitefinity 4.1 project manager and Projects.xml and place them in some folder in the file system. Create Projects folder where you have placed the project manager place your 4.0 project in this folder and modify the Projects.xml to search for the project files in this folder. Upgrade your project )

The error you get is caused by some problem of the upgrade procedure. It points the old assemblies.

Can you please retry the upgrade procedure following my recommendations and get back to me if you still experience problems.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Admin,
Still im getting assemblies error ... I have followed the same steps as u said ...

1 - D:\MyFolder i have copy pasted Sitefinity 4.1 Projects.xml and Sitefinity
2 - D:\Projects\Sitefinity4.1 i have Created my Sitefinity 4.0 Project
3 -  Then i added following in D:\MyFolder\Projects.xml

<

project id="9b5c2877-f7fc-446f-a5b1-7e1652842a97" Name="ProjectName" BrowseUrl="Click Browse to resolve" SfVersion="4.0.1210.0" DateCreated="06/15/2011 15:53:25">  

<Location Type="FileSystem" Url="D:\Projects\Sitefinity4.1\MyProject" LocalPath="D:\Projects\Sitefinity4.1" /> </project>

4 - Then i took the backup of all n then Click on Upgrade ...

5 - After Browsing its giving me assemblies error

Please tell me where im getting wrong ...

Thanks & Regards
Anu :)

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Anu,

The URL and local path have to be the same. As these are the paths your project manager will attempt to find the current assemblies and then replace them with the new ones.

<Location Type="FileSystem" Url="D:\Projects\Sitefinity4.1\MyProject" LocalPath="D:\Projects\Sitefinity4.1\MyProject" /> </project>

Notify me if this solves your problem.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed