Adding Author to Blog Post Edit Form

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:49

Adding Author to Blog Post Edit Form

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

We use the blog functionality in Sitefinity for our alumni class notes system. Very often the alumni email their information to us and administrators need to post class notes as the alum.

In SF 3 the author field was editable in the backend admin pages, but in SF 4 that field isn't part of the form. Is there an easy way to add the author field (or whatever the field is actually called for blog posts) to the admin posting form?

-Jon

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jon Ingersoll,

It very easy to implement this in 4.x as well, you can simply add a custom field to blog posts and set it to be visible only under the blog edit section. Then you'll have to modify the template for blog posts to display the custom field instead. I have attached a sample video showing how you can achieve this functionality. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if there are any additional question, I'll be glad to help.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Jon,

I have a very simple blog post, drag and dropped it on to the page called "blog-post-test", and published it. Viewing the page "blog-post-test" in IE, then I click the link "Show editing tools" from "Tools" on the right of that page. It shows "Edit" link button under each bog post. My question is, why there is no link say "ADD" to create a new post? I can see the "Add" link for "News", "Events" but NOT for "Blogs". Can you please let me know what needs to be done to enable the "Add" link for the blogs on live site.

http://localhost/blog-post-test

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Balancepoint,

Thank you for pointing this out, we have logged the issue in our system, and will be working on providing a fix for it in the upcoming releases, so there's a uniform functionality implemented for the News, Events, and Blog Posts widgets. Please excuse us for the inconvenience, if any has been caused, and once again thank you for the kind cooperation. Your Telerik points have been updated accordingly.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Sorry for the necro here, but this looks like it should still work.  However, when I save the template after inserting post author, my Blog Posts widget now says "Error Parsing Template".

Should this method still work for 7.0??

Note: I DO see the values correctly added/written to the database!

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

Can you share with us the template you are trying to run, so we can help you achieve your requirement? Following the video attached by Boayn should be enough  to make it run.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed