How to setup Customer Membership/Role Provider

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:18

How to setup Customer Membership/Role Provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I read about the custom member ship provider and custom role provider in SiteFinity. I also watch the webinar regarding that but seems to be that is with old version. Any way I also playaround with new version and get understand from where to add role/membership provider etc. (Administration > Advance Settings > Security > Security Providers).

I installed the site finity locally. After setting up site, I go to the Administration > Advance Settings > Security. There I found OpenAccessDataProvider under Security Providers. And There is Default under Role Providers  and Membership Providers. I notice that currently its pointing to the class that is registered with OpenAccessDataProvider under Security Providers. Let's say If I want to use custom provider and I created that by inheriting from MembershipDataProvider and RoleDataProvider and assume everything is perfect. If I want to that instead of OpenAccessProvider. What I understand, I need to do following steps:

1. Add new provider under Security Providers.
2. Go to Role Providers > Default and change the Provider Type to my own provider.
3. Same for Membership Provider > Default.

That way my provider will be functional.
Am I correct or I misunderstand it?

JAMIL

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Did I ask very difficult question? No one is there to answer?

JAMIL

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have seen the webinar http://tv.telerik.com/watch/sitefinity/webinar/sitefinity-membership-role-providers for custom membership and role providers but it is in sitefinity 3.6.

Is there any webinar related to this topic for sitefinity 4.1,
And also need to  integrate the LDAP users in to the sitefinity site.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Shekar,

I believe you might find thic section of our Documentation useful,  especially the Configuring LDAP settings and Enabling Windows Authentication to automatically access Sitefinity backend articles.Please let me know if you need any additional informat5ion on this, I'll be glad to help.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2012 00:00

Boyan,

The links to the documentation are broken. Could you post the correct links?  I am trying to find documentation or tutorials on implementing a custom membership provider for 4x.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hello,

Please excuse me for the bad link. Here's a sample on configuring the SQL Membership provider to work with Sitefinity 4.x , and here's the working link for setting up LDAP.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

I would like to recommend that someone make an updated video about a custom Membership and Roles provider like Gabe did for the Old Sitefinity.  this seems to be a big issue in the forums, etc... www.sitefinitywatch.com/.../Membership_amp_Role_Providers_Webinar.aspx

This thread is closed