Who here uses custom layouts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:20

Who here uses custom layouts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2011 00:00

I have the most basic of basic custom layout controls, but they all have the same problem (multiple projects multiple hosts)

I'm unable to add content to the layouts and preview to see it in there unless I either publish or postback, then it all acts normal.  It's like it doesn't have a real ID for the inner widgets to attach to.

I've had this issue for SO LONG...support tickets...and I'm so frustrated by it.

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>

<div class="calloutContainer">
    <div  runat="server" class="sf_cols callout">
        <div  runat="server" class="sf_colsOut sf_1cols_1_100 callout_outer">
            <div  runat="server" class="sf_colsIn sf_1cols_1in_100 callout_inner">

</div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Web.UI;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI;

namespace OCFP.Controls.Layouts
    public class Callout : LayoutControl, INamingContainer
        public override string Layout
            get
                /*return this.CustomTempalate;*/
                var layout = this.ViewState["Layout"] as string;
                if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(layout))
                    layout = this.CustomTempalate;

return layout;

public override string AssemblyInfo
            get
                return GetType().ToString();

set
                base.AssemblyInfo = value;

public string CustomTempalate = "~/OCFP/OCFP.Layouts.Views.Callout.ascx";

...anyone...any suggestions?

This is it bombing with a new SP2 project...http://www.screencast.com/t/WYDX9B8UnZpd

Hello Steve,

We keep the discussion in the support thread. I sent a project to test with, because I was not able to replicate this issue. I am not sure if this comes from the environment or we are just missing something.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Ivan,
  I just want to find out if this issue is isolated to me...

I mean I have 4 machines 2 win7 (laptop and desktop), 1 Server 2k8 R2, and a Shared hosting environment (server 2008 web?) all with this problem.  I've had issues with custom layouts for a long time...we're going on what, 5ish months since release and I've had problems with custom layouts since then.  IMO one of the best features in SF4, but I'm deadlocked because I the don't work for me.

Please don't take this as I'm going over your head to the community for help, I very much appreciate you trying to figure it out especially since you don't see it on your end....but you need to see if from my perspective that I need some sort of validation here after 5 months that I'm not crazy :)

Steve

This thread is closed