Image Editor Dialog

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:19

Image Editor Dialog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

In version 3.7, you could add a ButtonSelector to a custom control and with a little bit of javascript render up the ImageEdirorDialog.aspx page which would allow you to upload a image into the main sitefinity image library or the selection of a image that has already been uploaded.  With sitefinity 4.1 this option no longer exists from what i can tell.  To be able to provide the same look and feel of the regular image upload dialog that exists within the rest of Sitefinity, I would like to be able to use the "out of the box" option for uploading an image within a module through ascx template.  Is there a way to do this or do I have to build all the pieces myself as the walkthrough here implies (http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/how-to-how-to-create-a-simple-image-selector.html)? Thanks in advance.

Marc

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2011 00:00

I have worked on getting the simple image selector and everything on the example works until I try to use the SimpleImageField within my sitefinity project. I recieve the following error:

A required control was not found in the template for "~/SFRes/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Fields.TextField.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SitefinityLabel" and must have ID "titleLabelRead".

However, the ascx I am using for the SimpleImageField.ascx has the required field(s) as you can see below.  Any help?

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Controls" Namespace="Controls.Resources" TagPrefix="custom" %>

<sitefinity:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery">
    </sitefinity:ResourceFile>
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>

<sitefinity:ConditionalTemplateContainer ID="conditionalTemplate" runat="server">
    <Templates>
        <sitefinity:ConditionalTemplate Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Read">
            <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="titleLabelRead" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfTxtLbl"></sitefinity:SitefinityLabel>
            <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="textLabelRead" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfTxtContent"></sitefinity:SitefinityLabel>
            <asp:Image ID="image" runat="server" />
            <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="descriptionLabelRead" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" HideIfNoText="false" CssClass="sfDescription"></sitefinity:SitefinityLabel>
            <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="exampleLabelRead" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfExample" />
        </sitefinity:ConditionalTemplate>
        <sitefinity:ConditionalTemplate Left="DisplayMode" Operator="Equal" Right="Write">
            <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel ID="titleLabelWrite" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
            <asp:LinkButton ID="expandButton" runat="server" OnClientClick="return false;" CssClass="sfOptionalExpander" />
            <asp:Panel ID="expandableTarget" runat="server" CssClass="sfFieldWrp">

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="windowManager" runat="server" Skin="Sitefinity">
                    <Windows>
                        <telerik:RadWindow ID="simpleImageSelector" Width="600" Height="400" NavigateUrl="~/Sitefinity/Dialog/SimpleImageSelectorDialog" runat="server" ReloadOnShow="true"
                         Modal="true" VisibleStatusbar="false" Behaviors="Close" >
                        </telerik:RadWindow>
                    </Windows>
                </telerik:RadWindowManager>

<asp:TextBox ID="textBox" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
                <asp:HyperLink ID="selectLink" runat="server" NavigateUrl="javascript:void(0);" CssClass="sfLinkBtn sfChange">
                    <strong class="sfLinkBtnIn">Select...</strong>
                </asp:HyperLink>
                <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="descriptionLabelWrite" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfDescription" />
                <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="exampleLabelWrite" runat="server" WrapperTagName="div" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfExample" />

</asp:Panel>
        </sitefinity:ConditionalTemplate>
    </Templates>
</sitefinity:ConditionalTemplateContainer>

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Marc,

Please use MediaContentSelecorView. Take a look at this thread

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the reply.  I will dig deeper on that thread and report back. 

Cool. That looks to be what I was needing for selecting from existing images.  So using that same logic, would I use the MediaContentUploaderView to allow the uploading of a new image and include it either in the ImageControlDesignerTemplate.ascx or in its own ascx depending on how I would like to utilize the control/view?  Thanks again.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Marc,

Yes you can use it, but you should set some of the control properties when your control is initialized.

sample

var contentType = typeof(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image).FullName;
          var parentType = typeof(Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Album).FullName;
         // var libraryBinderServiceUrl = "~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/AlbumService.svc/";
         //var mediaContentBinderServiceUrl = "~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/ImageService.svc/";
          var itemsName = Res.Get<ImagesResources>().Images;
          var itemName = Res.Get<ImagesResources>().Image;
          var itemNameWithArticle = Res.Get<ImagesResources>().ImageWithArticle;
          var libName = Res.Get<ImagesResources>().Album;
          //var template = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Designers.Libraries.Images.ImageItemDescriptionTemplate.htm";
          var displayAltTextField = true;
          var displayTitleTextField = true;
          var displayResizingOptionsControl = true;
          var showOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox = true;

this.UploaderView.ContentType = contentType;
          this.UploaderView.ParentType = parentType;
          this.UploaderView.LibraryName = libName;
          this.UploaderView.ItemsName = itemsName;
          this.UploaderView.ItemName = itemName;
          this.UploaderView.ItemNameWithArticle = itemNameWithArticle;
          this.UploaderView.DisplayAltTextField = displayAltTextField;
          this.UploaderView.DisplayTitleTextField = displayTitleTextField;
          this.UploaderView.DisplayResizingOptionsControl = displayResizingOptionsControl;
          this.UploaderView.ShowOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox = showOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox;

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

I have a custom control that I have added to the Page editor Toolboxes... In the custom control, I have a text field for the ImageURL, but I would like to make this an image selector --  Is there a way to do so? I tried using the WebEditor attribute. 

Here is my GrayBoxControl.ascx code:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="GrayBoxControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Controls.GrayBoxControl" %>
<asp:Panel ID="phContent" runat="server" CssClass="inner" >
<h1><asp:Label ID="siHeaderTextLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label></h1>

<div class='img-container'>
    <asp:Image ID="siImage" runat="server" />
    <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phLink" runat="server"><p class='action-link'><asp:HyperLink ID="siHyperLink" runat="server" Target="_blank" /></p></asp:PlaceHolder>
</div>

<h2><asp:Label ID="siFooterHeaderLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label></h2>
<p><asp:Label ID="siFooterTextLabel" runat="server"></asp:Label></p>

<asp:TextBox ID="siHeaderText" runat="server" Visible="false"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:TextBox ID="siFooterHeaderText" runat="server" Visible="false"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:TextBox ID="siFooterText" runat="server" Visible="false"></asp:TextBox>
</asp:Panel>

The GrayBoxControl.ascx.cs file:
using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Linq;
using System.Xml.Linq;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Model;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.Controls

public partial class GrayBoxControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

bool hasInfo = false;

if (!LinkUrl.IsNullOrEmpty())

siHyperLink.NavigateUrl = LinkUrl;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!LinkText.IsNullOrEmpty())

siHyperLink.Text = LinkText;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!ImageText.IsNullOrEmpty())

siImage.ImageUrl = ImageText;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!HeaderText.IsNullOrEmpty())

siHeaderText.Text = HeaderText;
                siHeaderTextLabel.Text = siHeaderText.Text;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!FooterHeaderText.IsNullOrEmpty())

siFooterHeaderText.Text = FooterHeaderText;
                siFooterHeaderLabel.Text = siFooterHeaderText.Text;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!FooterText.IsNullOrEmpty())

siFooterText.Text = FooterText;
                siFooterTextLabel.Text = siFooterText.Text;
                hasInfo = true;

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(siHyperLink.NavigateUrl))

phLink.Visible = false;

else

phLink.Visible = true;
                hasInfo = true;

if (!hasInfo)

this.phContent.Visible = false;

private string _imageText = "";
        private string _linkText = "";
        private string _linkUrl = "";

[Browsable(false)]
        private string _headerText = "";
        public string HeaderText

get return _headerText;
            set _headerText = value;

public string ImageText

get return _imageText;
            set _imageText = value;

[Browsable(false)]
        private string _footerHeaderText = "";
        public string FooterHeaderText

get return _footerHeaderText;
            set _footerHeaderText = value;

[Browsable(false)]
        private string _footerText = "";
        public string FooterText

get return _footerText;
            set _footerText = value;

public string LinkText

get return _linkText;
            set _linkText = value;

public string LinkUrl

get return _linkUrl;
            set _linkUrl = value;

private string value = string.Empty;
        [WebEditor("Telerik.Libraries.WebControls.ImageSelector, Telerik.Libraries")]
        public string Value

get

return this.value;

set

this.value = value;

I would like Value to be an image selector. How can I do this? Please let me know. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Huda,

You can use MediaContentSelectorView. It is not possible to use WebEditor attribute on a property a open a new widow from it. Everything should be added into the control designer. Please take a look at this post.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Ivan, 

I have added a support ticket so I could upload the source code to you guys as I am close, but seem to be running into an issue once the actual selection and/or upload of the image occurs.   Ticket number is 440637.  Thanks for all your help so far. 

Marc 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Marc,

Ok , we will get back to your support request.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2012 00:00

Can you set AllowExtensions with MediaContentUploaderView like you can in the RadAsyncUpload control?

This thread is closed