Custom Module Creation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:29

Custom Module Creation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

I have created a custom module called " HelloWorld ",referring the tutorials given in

http://tv.telerik.com/watch/sitefinity/how-to-extend-sitefinity-4-using-page-based-modules
http://tv.telerik.com/watch/sitefinity/developing-intra-site-modules-in-sitefinity-4

The screenshot is attached here.(The contents of my usercontrol is blank..)

My question is how can i configure the command panel for my module ?
(like "Pages" module  ! ! !)

I created the control panel and command panel in Sitefinity3.7 using class files.Is their anything like that in Sitefinity4.1?

Please give a fast reply...We have to start our work day after tomorrow..

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Rakesh,

The problem you are facing is concerned with some resources or definitions which do not match. Do you have  a custom resource classes? If some make sure that the names and keys are the same if all instances you use them. Recently I faced this problem and the module installation failed silently

[ResourceEntry("ProductsConfigDescription",
            Value = "Global configuration file for the Products module",
            Description = "Description of the ProductsConfig configuration class",
            LastModified = "2010/12/17")]
        public string ProductsConfigDescription

get return this["ProductsConfigDescription"];

Note all of the highlighted should be identical. If you want to change them with something else you will have to change the definition for that resource

When you check FireBug under the net tab are there any requests? Following the tutorial with the exact same code will get display the module screen as shown in video. I will illustrate this with the products module which is available in the SDK. There is a file ProductsResources.cs where you have a given resource entry:

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hai,

No, I dont have any Resources class.I have only one class " HelloWorldModule.cs " in the App_Code folder,
which is same as that of " HelloWorldModule.cs " in the " Modules/HelloWorld " folder in the tutorial.

In FireBug their is one request  >> " GET WebResource.axd?d=......... ".

My actual requirement is,
I have created the module.now i want to create the control and command panel for that module .
Is their any way for that..
please help me..

This thread is closed