3.7 Style Thumbnail Selector for news

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:27

3.7 Style Thumbnail Selector for news

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have seen Slavo's post regarding an image selector for news, but it seems rather cumbersome to say the least, becuase the user would have to upload the thumbnail before they created the news item, or create the news item, upload the thumbnail and then edit the news item to include it, not the greatest user experience in the world which you should identify considering alot has gone into SF4.

In 3.7, i am not sure if this was built in or implemented by us, the fact i can't remeber says to me it was there already. but in one site we created we have the ability to attach a thumbnail to an news item, and the user has the option to either select from a library or upload an entirely new image (image attached).

Is that available anywhere in SF4, if not how could we go about implementing something like this with reusing as much of what is already in the system as possible?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Roberto ,

The image you attached shows a built-in dialog that we created in 3.x editions. In 3.x the selector for news works in the same way - it is placed in edit and new dialogs of the ContentNewView and ContentEditView inheritors  and actually you upload a new image and then it is formatted to thumbnail or you choose from already uploaded items. Basically Slavo's post works in the same way.
I agree that the selector should be implemented out of the box, but the blog post was fastest way to provide a solution after we received may feedback about this missing out of the box feature.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed