List Module - Classification

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:36

List Module - Classification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Team,

I am looking to adding the classification widget to the List Module so that list items can be classified like the News items or blog posts. I know that I can create custom metafields and manually add categories (comma sep) and tags (comma sep) but I was wondering if I can use the classification widget.

Thanks,

G

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello George ,

You can add a custom filed of type Classification where the field name is Category. This will add Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HierarchicalTaxonField control in edit and new modes. Then you can set ContentType of Category or Tags widget (TaxonomyControl) to Telerik.Sitefinity.Lists.Model.ListItem

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2011 00:00

Ivan,

I added a custom field of type Classification called Category, but I can't get my selections to save.  Not sure what I could be missing... can you provide an example please?

Thanks,
Matt

EDIT: User error... was not hitting the Done button after selecting categories.

This thread is closed