Add Custom Fields to Blog module in sitefinity 3.6

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:33

Add Custom Fields to Blog module in sitefinity 3.6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2011 00:00

how can we add an custom field in the Blog module for the sitefinity 3.6 version.
When i was viewing the Post details in the blogs module at the right hand side there is a FAQ section for Blog and in that we have FAQ as below,

Can I add a custom field, for example excerpt?
Yes. See details.
but when i click on the link see details its redirect me to the 3.2 version FAQ details, with below information
Can I add a custom field, for example excerpt?
Yes. Open the application web.config and in the <metaFields> collection, add this:
<add key="Blogs.Excerpt" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>
Then, find this folder ~/YourProject/Sitefinity/Admin/ControlTemplates/Blogs and ControlPanelEdit.ascx and ControlPanelInsert.ascx files.
In <ItemTemplate> section, add this:
<asp:Label ID="Label8" AssociatedControlID="Excerpt" Text="Excerpt" runat="server"></asp:Label>
<asp:TextBox ID="Excerpt" Text="" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
but in the sitefinity 3.6, i am not able to find the specified file controlPanelEdit.ascx for the Blog module.
can you please guide me how can i integrate custom fields in blog module for sitefinity 3.6

Hello Shekar,

You should map external templates

www.sitefinity.com/.../how-to-map-a-view-to-an-external-template-in-sitefinity-3-6-or-later.aspx

and then follow Adding custom fields section from our User Manual

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks.

This thread is closed