Validation between different definitions in custom module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:48

Validation between different definitions in custom module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello

I am developing custom module for Sitefinity 4, and creating back-end edit controls with definitions.

I have 2 fields - Quote and QuoteName:

var quoteField = new HtmlFieldElement(container)

ID = "quoteFieldControl",
                Title = "Quote",
                DataFieldName = (displayMode == FieldDisplayMode.Write) ? "Quote.PersistedValue" : "Quote",
                DisplayMode = displayMode,
                CssClass = "sfFormSeparator sfContentField",
                WrapperTag = HtmlTextWriterTag.Li,
                EditorContentFilters = Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.DefaultFilters,
                EditorStripFormattingOptions = (EditorStripFormattingOptions?)(EditorStripFormattingOptions.MSWord | EditorStripFormattingOptions.Css | EditorStripFormattingOptions.Font | EditorStripFormattingOptions.Span | EditorStripFormattingOptions.ConvertWordLists)
            ;
container.Add(quoteField);

var quoteNameField = new TextFieldDefinitionElement(container)

ID = "quoteNameFieldControl",
                DataFieldName = (displayMode == FieldDisplayMode.Write) ? "QuoteName.PersistedValue" : "QuoteName",
                Title = "Quote Name",
                CssClass = "sfTitleField",
            ;
container.Add(quoteNameField);

I need to create following validation: Quote is required if QuoteName value != null, and QuoteName is required if Quote value != null. If they are both null all ok.

Please tell what is the best way to implement this validation behaviour? I am thinking about custom field where both controls will be presented in UI template, but as far as I know field can be mapped to only single data field.

Thank you

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Kronos,

The validation in a custom module is considered by design you can take a look at Productsdefinitions.cs in the products module.

var quoteNameField = new TextFieldDefinitionElement(container)

ID = "quoteNameFieldControl",
                DataFieldName = (displayMode == FieldDisplayMode.Write) ? "QuoteName.PersistedValue" : "QuoteName",
                Title = "Quote Name",
                CssClass = "sfTitleField",
            ;
quoteNameField.ValidatorConfig = new ValidatorDefinitionElement(quantityField)

Required = true,
                MessageCssClass = "sfError",
                RequiredViolationMessage = Res.Get<ProductsResources>().TitleCannotBeEmpty,
                RegularExpression = "^[0-9]+[.]*[0-9]*$",
                RegularExpressionViolationMessage = Res.Get<ProductsResources>().TheQuantityMustBeAPositiveNumber
            ;
            mainSection.Fields.Add(quoteNameField);
You define the text field element and under it you can add validation logic and then add this textfield to a section in the module.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks, yes, I know about SINGLE field validation with ValidatorConfig, it's pretty good by the way. But my goal is to create following scenario where TWO fields participated (Quote and QuoteName):

Quote is required if QuoteName value != null, and QuoteName is required if Quote value != null. If they are both null all ok.

e.g. Quote validation state depend on QuoteName property also. Does it make sence? I know it's hard task and ask you where should I dig, I don't need a code, just an idea how can it be implemented on current Sitefinity infrastructure

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Kronos,

This should be done with the single validation on each Element. The elements should have a condition (if). If the condition is true validation logic will apply if it is not true it will not validate the elements ( if both are null).

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed