Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:40

How to set Theme at Page level in 4.x

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jul-2011 00:00

How to set Theme at Page level in 4.x ?

Now it is found that we can set Theme only at template level

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Justin,

Yes, the theme could be set only on a template level that will be used by a page. We have not exposed a theme selector on a page level. Currently this is possible programmatically for some advanced customizations at runtime.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Justin

I'm not to happy with this change in functionality either. My 3.7 site has 4 template and about 10 themes. The system worked quite nicely where my users (and I) could create a page, select the template to suit the amount and type of content for the page and then the theme for its location in the site.

Now it looks like I'll have to do some farily annoying coding to figure out where the page is in the site tree and progmatically set a theme at run time. The alternative being 40 odd templates for every possible combination of template vs theme.

This is one of a number stumbling blocks I've had in my slow upgrade from 3.7 to 4... but I'll keep trying.

Cheers,
Steven.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Steven Harrap,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have logged a feature request. You can add additional comments and vote for it to raise its priortiy. The item ID is 7338

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Another thing to vote in when we never asked for it to be removed?! Grrrrr. I'm in the same boat, now faced with having to DUPLICATE 8 templates by calling it Inner - Red, Inner - Green etc.. when the base functionality is the same in all, so a duplication overhead should I have to change something in the base. I just want to set a theme at PAGE level.. such a simple thing to want to do!

I'll look for this and vote but it doesnt feel like much gets done with these votes. Cant you just put all lost functionality back?!  Sitefinity is the only software I've ever used that oddly loses functionality as new releases appear, and having to explain this to customers is embarrasing! (content placeholder Ids missing, another huge problem for our clients)

Louise.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Louiseba,

I am sorry to hear this.
We always listen to our customers and we are trying hard to make all of you more than happy. As you know, we started developing Sitefinity 4 from scratch. Our product still grows and despite the missing features the system is quite flexible and full with new features.

Everything you vote for will be taken in mind and will be implemented as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed