Dynamic Multiple Choice in Custom Field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:27

Dynamic Multiple Choice in Custom Field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey folks,

A while back, I used this great blog post and related discussions to create and use an image selector as a custom field for the Blog module.  I've also seen the same approach to create a document picker.

I have a need to create a simple multiple choice dropdown list as a custom field for my News module.  However, the choices won't be static as they are to be created dynamically.

I've done this in a custom module before as well.  Just not sure how you'd do it inside one of the pre-built modules like News.

Can you provide any code samples or point me in a direction so that I might achieve this?

Thanks

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Should I assume this is impossible?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi William,

You need to add the control you have  in one of the existing modules following Slavos' post. Generally your control is a separate widget that generates multiple choice dropdown, so it should not be a problem to do this. Here the important part is how you are going to return the value. I suppose that you will use an array or comma delimited string.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed