Custom PublicationDate

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:51

Custom PublicationDate

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello, I am having problem when changing PublicationDate. I have enable the display of this option in both Content->Event , Content->News pages.

When i try to Create or editing an existing news/event , I was trying to change the date for "PublicationDate" field, it has a date and time selector pop up were i am able to select it,but when save it, and I re-enter the page to check it again, it reseted to default "PublicationDate"! its not saved anywhere, not even in event/news listing page

Please help asap! this is urgent, we have tons of information that need to be enter into it, thanks!

Stev

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Toh,

CHanging the PublicationDate from the UI can be alittle tricky, as every time you click on the Publish button the date will be updated. However, we have offered a solution for similar scenario in this forum thread, where a custom field of type DateTime is added to the item, so you can use the DateTimePicker to specify a custom publication date. Then you can run the code sample provided in the forum thread to set the Publication date of the items to the value specified in the custom field.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed