Installation with Oracle

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:14

Installation with Oracle

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

For an evaluation, I’m setting up a trial project. When I what to start the project I’m getting an error in the Database set-up section.

I what to connect to an Oracle DB, hosted on a server, and I’m getting this Error:

* There was an error trying to connect to the Database Server:<br> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Database provider Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.102.2.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342 not installed properly (CLR=v4.0.30319 64bit). ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.102.2.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.Load(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.Load(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory..ctor(StorageManagerFactoryBuilder b) at OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL()

It seems that it could not find the Oracle.DataAccess.dll, but I have installed the Oracle Client.

I'm trying to install Sitefinity on a PC with this spec's:
 - Windows 7 x64
 - .Net 4
 - Oracle Client 11g installed

Thank you for your Help.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Kristian,

In order to run Sitefinity with Oracle on IIS7+ you need to enable 32 bit support in your Application Pool where the site is running (which is not enabled by default).

You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Open IIS Manager (Open Start Menu -> Run -> type "inetmgr" and press enter.)
  2. Select Advanced settings of your application pool (where the site is running). (See attached pictures)
  3. Under General group change "Enable 32-Bit Applications" to "true". (See attached pictures)
  4. Restart the application pool and open the site.

If there is still some problem or you need more details - just ask.

Greetings,
Dimitar Boyanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi Dimitar,
We bought a licence and install onto Windows 2003 32-bit server (Virtual Machine). We installed IIS6 and Oracle 10g R2.
But I get similar exception to Kristians's with a small difference. Mine is 32-bit instead of 64-bit.
How do I fix this situation on Windows 2003 32 bit server (Virtual Machine) and IIS 6?

* There was an error trying to connect to the Database Server:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Database provider Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleClientFactory, Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.102.2.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342 not installed properly (CLR=v4.0.30319 32bit). ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.102.2.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. Sistem belirtilen dosyayı bulamıyor. at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError) at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.Load(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpenAccessRuntime.ProviderFactoryLoader.Load(String name, LogEventStore log, Int32 id) at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManagerFactory..ctor(StorageManagerFactoryBuilder b) at OpenAccessRuntime.storagemanager.StorageManagerFactoryBuilder.createSmfForURL()

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Feb-2012 00:00

Hey, I fixed by loading Oracle Developer Tools and restarting sitefinity.

This thread is closed