Language Selector Dropdown Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:51

Language Selector Dropdown Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm facing a problem while creating a page in multiple languages and using multiple domains.
I have a created a page for three languages.
english - test101-en
italian - test101-it
french- test101-fr
And domains for these three languages are www.en.testsite.it, www.testsite.it, www.testsite.fr. I have placed a language selector as horizontal list and it worked fine but when i changed language selector to a dropdown list and change the language from Italian to French then request URL becomes
www.testsite.it/.../test101-fr
and it shows an error

A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (:).

How could I overcome this issue? Please guide me.

Thanks,
Yasi

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this problem. It is a known issue which is fixed and will go in the next official release. If you need this sooner for some development purpouses you can use the next internal build where the problem will be solved too.

Regards,
Lilia Messechkova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply. I am having an online running website, so how can i fix it there either using internal build or wait for next release? And if it could be solved using internal build, please describe the method how to use it.

Thank you very much.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi King Rajpoot,

There will be a Sitefinity 4.1. SP3 Release  tomorrow. Upgrade to this version of your life site should solve the issue. Please find the following documentation for more details on the upgrade process: www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-sitefinity-projects.aspx

Kind regards,
Lilia Messechkova
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed