User List Control Templates

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:00

User List Control Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

1) Pits issue needed (does one exist?) for UserList templates not showing up in the backend Widget Templates area
2) None of the fields or custom fields showup in the editor when you do modify a template via the widgets Edit designer
3) How do I get the users Email address to display in the template?  <%# Eval("Email") %> ends up giving me one profile, with this at the end "The selected template cannot be used with this profile type. Select another template or edit this template."

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

1. I have created an entry for the item in PITS. It is currently scheduled for Q3.

2 & 3.  I have attached a video which demonstrates the behaviour of the user lists widget and the profile widget. I have also included the code that I have entered in order to have custom field showed in the profile widget. If that is not the case you are looking for please provide me with step by step scenario so I can get a better picture of the situation.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Victor, yeah I know how to create custom fields and get them in there, sorry if I didnt make that clear...

The issue is that (in your demo) there's still no fields defined on the right side under "Common data" and "Other data" and you're adding the email EVAL under the single item template not the List template.

Now I also noticed you did Eval("EMAIL") where I was doing Eval("Email")

Is it case sensitive?...can you replicate by using it in the list template?

(I have started to shy away from the <sitefinity:XField controls as they render a bucketload of extra hidden markup on my page where a regular Eval() is just the plain text value)...

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I field I used is a custom field, which I named EMAIL, it is not the default email field. The field also can be used in the List template, but still the actual widget template is not ready so you may want to get the values using the custom fields.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hmmm, well...no I mean it seems wrong to have an email field in the profile, and then make another custom field to store the exact same data...I mean clearly that works, but is very hacky

Is the email data just not available in the dataset?

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Our current implementation allows you to use the custom field as email field until we fully implement the userlist control template which will let you manipulate and use the user emails. For now this field is unavailable.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hmmm okay fair enough

Can I get a PITS issue created on that please?  I'd love to be able to show the contact info directly in my template.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Here is the requested PITS issue.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi,
I'm experiencing the same problem now and in PITS there is still not scheduled state.. are you serious guys? I'm supposed to create additional email field and each time the user registers itself copy the information to the new custom field?

@Steve how did you solve this issue? Its crazy to create additional field for the same information stored already in user email field.. 

Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi

I am facing the same problem. Is there any solution to this issue?

This thread is closed